понеделник, ноември 08, 2010

За изгубените в безкрая



"Wolf Parade's Expo 86 has been the soundtrack of the summer of 2010 for me. When I first heard "Yulia" my head was flooded with images. The song is totally cinematic and has an urgent, longing drive that I wanted to try and express through images.

During the Cold War at the beginning of the Space Age, the Soviet Union was rumored to have two space programs - one a public program, the other a secret 'black' one, in which dangerous and sometimes downright suicidal missions were attempted. Cosmonauts would be shot into orbit without the means or resources to get them home, stranded in an expanding orbit around earth, slowly pulling away, frozen in space for eternity.

I wanted to create a kind of formal and slightly nostalgic vibe. At the same time, I wanted it to feel untethered to an exact era -- not specifically in the past. I shot in Portland Oregon and a little in Romania and I was really inspired by Russian cinema and Communist propaganda posters." ~ режисьорът Scott Coffey

1 коментара:

monstergroove каза...

the girl in the video reminds me of you ... a little bit .. ;)